Tuesday 2 April 2013

Encrusted Crazy Patchwork II

Back in July last year a posted about an online workshop I was doing with Pintangle
www.pintangle.com

It was to produce a block of "Encrusted Crazy Patchwork"

This was something I had wanted to try for a while as although I've done a fair amount of patchwork I had never incorporated embroidery etc.

In my post in July I had constructed the block and the next step was to do the "Encrusting", this consists of adding embroidery, lace, beads, buttons etc

Well 8 months later I've finished the block :-
























The middle is a photo of my Grandmother

I am really pleased with the finished result and am going to have it framed to hang in my workroom.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janet,

    Absolutely gorgeous, I would love to do something like this.

    Chrissy xXx

    ReplyDelete