Monday, 8 April 2013

Get Inky

The challenge for March over at Merly Impressions is to Get Inky  !!

The idea being that some ink is used on the layout, well after much deliberation here is what I have produced :-

I used papers Illusion and Fantasy from the Kaisercraft Charlottes Dream collection

I attached the middle paper strip to the background paper and then using a crafters workshop template of a naked tree spritzed around it with Squeezed Orange Dylusions Ink

Small Trees were created by using another crafters workshop template and sponging through with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Crushed Olive, Rusty Hinge and Gathered Twigs - the bottom one was done again on scrap card and then cut around and decoupaged ontop of the base one.

The Butterflies were created by using Alchol Inks in various colours on a piece of shiney card and then stamping the butterfly using Ranger Archival Ink

Title was done by stamping letters using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs

So four types of ink used and I had very inky fingers by the end but all in all I'm quite pleased with the finished layout.

Monthly Scrap Group

First Saturday of the month and it was our little scrap group monthly crop at Birstall.

The kits for this month included 3 Glitz papers, plain cardstock, washi tape and letters

I produced 2 layouts from the kit, the flowers were created using a free stamp from this months edition of Homemade, extras added were glossy accents to middle of flowers

The first one I used April week 1 sketch over at Lets Get Sketchy

For the 2nd layout I used the April sketch from Creative Scrappers


Thursday, 4 April 2013

Book of Memories

Last October I attended a workshop run by Cosby Quilters

It was with Viv Denscombe and was called a book of memories 

It was to produce a fabric book which would hold tags and different things, I decided to use photo's of the 4 generations of my family - Grandmother (Doris Loseby), Mother (Pauline Marshall), Me (Janet Mansfield) and my 3 Daughters (Laura, Rebecca & Amy Mansfield)

The fabric was bonded together with vilene and bonderweb it was then folded to produce each page and then each page and tags were embellished with lace, buttons, beads etc

This is the finished item and I must admit I am very pleased with it.



Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Encrusted Crazy Patchwork II

Back in July last year a posted about an online workshop I was doing with Pintangle

It was to produce a block of "Encrusted Crazy Patchwork"

This was something I had wanted to try for a while as although I've done a fair amount of patchwork I had never incorporated embroidery etc.

In my post in July I had constructed the block and the next step was to do the "Encrusting", this consists of adding embroidery, lace, beads, buttons etc

Well 8 months later I've finished the block :-

The middle is a photo of my Grandmother

I am really pleased with the finished result and am going to have it framed to hang in my workroom.