Why do weekends disappear so fast? doesn't seem 5 minutes between leaving the office on Friday evening to arriving back on Monday morning :(
However I managed to have a very productive weekend as I got 5 layouts done.
Saturday afternoon I went to the scrapbook class at Barjan B Crafts in Newbold Verdon, Becca had done 2 beautiful layouts for us to follow using the Vintedge papers which were great for my photos from our recent London Trip
Then yesterday I thought I'd carry on the good work and get my samples done for our Church Crop in July.
This time we have made the kits up using papers from Basic Grey's Little Black Dress Collection comprising:-
1 x Classy Chic
1 x Drama Mod
1 x Black and White
1 x Dark Brown Bazzill Cardstock
1 x Cream Bazzill Cardstock
1 x Toffee Bazzill Cardstock
Bronze and White Pearls
Chipboard flowers & swirls
I've done 3 layouts as samples for my ladies
For the first one I used the June Page Starter from The Scrap Room Blog
The instructions were that you would need a background paper then cut
1. 5.5" circle
2. 3.5" x 10" strip
3. 1.5" x 10.5" scalloped strip
4. 1" x 11" notched strip
- Adhere the 3.5" x 10" strip 6" from the top and flush with the right edge of the page.
- Adhere the scalloped strip right beneath the first strip flush with the right edge of the page.
- Adhere the circle 2" from the left edge and 2.75" from the top edge of the page.
- Adhere the 1" strip flush with the right edge and over the seam of the previous two paper strips.
For the second layout I used the June sketch over at My Creative Sketches
For the third layout I've used sketch #73 from Sketchabilities
As you can tell I love using sketches as a starting point for my layouts,
I hope my ladies will enjoy the kit as much as I did.
Your comments appreciated